Well, here a few
good reasons, but we've listed a few more below:
The following is a list of
things to consider when choosing us as your John Day River guide
- Experienced guides, some have grown up on the John Day
River. Steve Fleming has been fishing and hunting in the
area since 1968.
- We guide exclusively on the John Day River. All out trips
are spent fishing and learning, just the John Day River
- Our trips start early in the morning and spend a minimum
of 10 hours on the water, fishing.
- Great trophy "catch and release" record, Mah-Hah
Outfitters has clients entered in the "In-Fishermen Master
Angler Program" (20"minimum for smallmouth) every year.
Our 31 entries in the 2001 season, 37 in 2002 and 38 in
2003, make us the
No. I Trophy Smallmouth Bass fishing guide Service on the John Day
River since 1992.
- Provide you with film
of your trip, at no additional charge.
- Serve a Continental breakfast at the start of your trip.
- Serve Dutch-Oven lunches, cooked in the boat while you
fish. We offer a wide choice of menu: pork roast, pot roast,
chicken & rice, lasagna (meat or veggie), macaroni, and
- Use guide's model drift boat, with extra space and seating
for client comfort. Our boat is equipped with propane
- Provide quality poles, reels, and all the tackle to
produce a quality trip and trophy fish.
- Can provide services for large numbers of people, plus an
awards ceremony to make the trip even more memorable (great
corporate fish catching trips).
- We sell out each year with over 50% returning clientele
each year, and lots of references.
- We employ "C.P.R." fishing ethics, "Catch,
Photograph, and Release".
- We are dedicated to customizing each trip to meet your
- We are licensed, bonded, insured, and registered with the
BLM to do trips on the John Day River.
And See The Pros Are Saying About Mah-Hah Outfitters
WHY YOU SHOULD FISH WITH A
- Learn more in one day than you might in six months if
"going it alone"
- Top quality equipment known to work on these fish in these
- We know where the fish and birds are
- We know the water conditions and what conditions produce
- We know all the agency regulations pertaining to the river
and its use
- We take care of all the details (equipment, food,
Steve has built his business on the reputation
of providing quality trips at a reasonable price. He welcomes
lady anglers and encourages family outings by offering a
half-price rate to kids under 13.
WE ARE THE ONLY JOHN DAY RIVER GUIDE SERVICE WITH A TROPHY FISH
CATCHING BACK-UP PLAN ON A PRIVATE LARGEMOUTH BASS LAKE OR TROUT
LAKE, IF THE RIVER IS BLOWN OUT
GIVE US A
CALL NOW @ 971-533-5733
TO E-MAIL US
and let's put together YOUR